Saturday, September 13, 2014

FEAR

I joined Boise Club 61 in October 2013 because like others, I wanted to improve my speaking skills in front of others.  I personally wanted to gain confidence and become comfortable speaking to and with large groups of people.    I needed this uncontrollable fear to dissipate so I could think on my feet and be able to communicate with an interactive group.   

A couple of weeks ago, our meeting theme was FEAR.   I found this interesting because I took time to reflect back on the last year and a half and my own personal improvement.  Did I still have fear?   Yes.... But I feel I am able to control IT instead of IT controlling me.    

Carolyn, our President, was toastmaster for this meeting and shared personal situations of fear and speaking.   She had some thought proving scenarios and offered solutions.    This was a great combination for the topic of fear.

Another great meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment